We have been on Market Street for more than 50 years, first opening our doors to the public on New Year’s Day, 1969. We were originally on the corner of Market Street and Chapel Street (it’s now a herbalist’s shop), but we’ve always been at the heart of our community.
Some of our customers have been visiting us for decades, and are now introducing their grandchildren to the library!
We had a major refurbishment in 2008, and in 2019 the library celebrated its 50th birthday with an open day, readings and talks, and even a flash fiction contest.
At Abergele Library you can:
- Enjoy free access to public computers
- Log in to free Wi-Fi
- Print, scan or photocopy documents
- Hire a community room
- Bring your family to the children’s library
- Choose from a wide range of bestselling, popular, contemporary and specialised novels and non-fiction in paperback and hardback
- Large print
- Explore our local and family history books and digital offer
- Reading Well Books on Prescription
- Discover books to support your child’s reading and homework
- Choose new authors and books to share with your child at bedtime
We also have regular events, including:
- Story time for the under-5s
- Online taster sessions
- Reading group
The library has access for the disabled, as well as a Hearing Induction loop and Boardmaker educational software. There is a bus stop nearby, outside Tesco, and there is some limited parking. We have public toilets, included for the disabled, as well as baby-changing facilities.
Tel: 01492 577505
|Our opening times are:|
|Monday||9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||1:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|We are closed on Bank Holidays and the preceding Saturday|