Loans & Fees
Being a member of the library is free, and it costs nothing to borrow or download our books, use our computers, or join our story time and IT taster sessions.
However, we do charge for some services. Until 31st March 2024, there are no fines charged on late items.
Library membership is free, and as a member it costs nothing to:
Printing and copying
- Black and white: 25p per sheet (A4), 35p per sheet (A3)
- Colour: 65p per sheet (A4), £1.10 per sheet (A3) (A3 printing, and photocopying services available at Abergele, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Llandudno, Llanrwst Libraries).
- There are microfilm printing facilities at Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Libraries, charges: 65p per sheet (A4), and £1.30 (A3).
- All photocopies, printouts and photographic reproductions are subject to copyright regulations.
If you can’t find the title you are looking for in North Wales, we can search libraries across Wales for you. Requesting a title from within Wales is free of charge. We can also search libraries outside of Wales, and placing an Inter-Library Loan request costs £12.00 per item.
Cost of borrowing audio visual items
- DVDs: £2.20 for 3 weeks
- Overdue charges are temporarily suspended until 31st March 2024.
Lost, stolen or damaged items
A charge will be made based on the actual cost, plus a £7.00 processing fee. The charge for items loaned from other library services will be the actual cost from the lending library and processing fee.
Replacement library cards
Child library card £1.60, and adult £2.20.
Items for sale in libraries:
- Earphones: £3.00
- Library canvas bag: £1.50 DELETE
- RADAR key: £5.00
- Trade Refuse Sacks: £92.40
We also provide Books for Keeps, Theatre Tickets sales, Exhibition sales, and sell local books and maps, please ask the staff for more details.
Library events and activities
Story time and children's activity sessions are free.
Reading Group annual membership is £13.00 for groups led by library staff, £6.50 if not library staff led.
IT drop-in sessions are free, but there may be a charge for IT courses delivered in libraries by IT tutors.
Library room hire
Charges for hiring a meeting rooms during library opening hours are:
- Small room (up to 4 people) £11 per hour
- Large room £13 per hour
- Concessions may be available. Please ask a member of staff.
For more information and meeting room locations see Library room hire.