Technology to help you
Boardmaker is a computer software containing thousands of picture communication symbols that can be used with anyone who may need additional support with communication, including:
- Children and adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, learning difficulties and/or physical disabilities
- Anyone with Specific Language Impairment (SLI)
- People with English as an additional language
- Anyone with a disability or impairment that affects communication or memory
- Older people with some forms of dementia or anyone who has lost some language skills after a stroke
Boardmaker is available to use on a limited number of PC's free of charge, at Abergele, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Llandudno and Llanrwst Libraries. We recommend contacting the library to book a Boardmaker PC before your visit. You can also book a session with a member of staff to learn how to use Boardmaker then use it whenever you need to print your symbols.
Please contact the library for more information, or to book the computer prior to your visit.
To make our computers easier to use we have a range of software and hardware alternatives including, large screen monitors and adjustable height desks, trackball mice, and Big-key Keyboards which are easier to see.
PCs with assistive technology are available in Abergele, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Kinmel Bay, Llandudno, Llanrwst, and Penmaenmawr Libraries.